Friday 18 May 2007

Blanketed Rice

This bizarre dish is a cross between teczcape 's Tom Yum Rice ...

...and My Korean Kitchen's omelette rice


The delightful result looked like this:
a> WITHOUT THE OMELETTE

b> WITH THE OMELETTE

The only exceptions with the Tom Yum rice were that beans were replaced by cauliflowers, prawns were chopped instead and chopped shitake mushrooms and tomatoes were also included.
This dish is filling enough to make a substantial meal on its own. Thanks to teczcape and My Korean Kitchen for giving us such nice ideas.

4 comments:

simcooks said...

A nice "rice in a blanket" dish :)

Hedgehog said...

Thank you :D

tigerfish said...

You are funny. The rice feels "cold" at your city's temp. and needs a blanket :D ...very creative.
Did you like the taste of tomyum in the rice? Bet it was mild, right?

Hedgehog said...

To tigerfish :D, I really like the taste of tomyum in rice, to my surprise really because I never thought of doing tom yum rice before. haha my rice definitely needs a blanket when it's always cold and wet over here. :D