Monday 21 May 2007

Ayam Masak Merah

Special thanks to Melting Wok for the amazing Spicy honey chicken recipe
Minor alteration include:

1. I marinated the chicken with 2 tbsp of fish sauce + turmeric instead of salt and turmeric. I believe the fish sauce goes into the chicken better than salt (be careful though because fish sauce is quite salty itself)
2. I deep fried the chicken instead of pan frying it. It takes a bit more effort because we haven't got a deep fryer at home so we had to use the wok. However, the chicken was crispy and very very tasty.

Except for those above changes, everything else was done in the same way. The hubby was more than impressed with the dish. Admittedly I've got to give him credit for helping me a lot in doing this dish.

Here's the end result. The novice cook proudly presents:

Spicy Honey Chicken served with sweet cabbage in oyster sauce and a bit of kimchi

3 comments:

simcooks said...

Oooh! I am so envious! You got it right the first time! I MUST make this again!

Hedgehog said...

hehe a bit of luck I guess :D

Melting Wok said...

Thx for dropping by my blog. I get all excited when my readers try out my recipes hehe, really happy to hear that both you and your hubby enjoyed it. Your deep-fried version looks really great !!! :))
p/s: just realised, I see smoke coming off your plate, wow, you took the picture right off the stove hehe :)